Sunday, June 27, 2010

Long Week, Short Weekend...

This week was probably one of the longest weeks ever! LOTS of well check ups= busy at work! So come Friday, I was so excited for the weekend. I had a half day, so I went to the Lake Murray with my mom and sister. It was realllllly hot out (which in South Carolina during the summer, everyday is miserably hot). We swam in the pool and ate snow cones (it was great)! I felt like a kid again.

Friday night we had everyone over to watch the Gamecocks play Clemson. It was a very exciting game, WE WON! Which meant we had to win one more game to go to the National Championship...WHICH WE DID! Trevis was so excited! He just loves USC sports. He was actually planning on going to Omaha, but the flights just didn't seem to work out. I felt really bad he couldn't go, but he will be able to watch it on TV!

Saturday morning, we went to Delaney's Irish pub to watch the USA soccer game ( I know a Irish pub in the a.m. is never a good idea). It was a lot of fun (even though we lost), until some obnoxious girl started blaming our group for the loss. She said we weren't cheering loud enough. My personal opinion is drunk girls should just keep their mouths shut. And I know you're thinking, like you've never got drunk and mouthed off. Well I have, but I would never start a fight with complete strangers! But o well, I'm sure that girl went home and passed out and probably doesn't remember a thing. My brother in law cut his foot at the bar and I got to use my nursing skills to stop the bleeding and bandage him up. He just graduated nursing school and passed boards, so soon enough he will be able to bandage himself up! haha.

And finally, lazy Sunday...Trev and I went back to the lake with my parents. I love having them down here! We swam in the lake, which scares my mom because she thinks something is going to "get her". Hmm what else. FRIENDS... I am so grateful to have such wonderful people in my life. We have a great circle and we are always there for each other. Yea we bicker, but who doesn't. Well I think that's it for now...til next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment